Workday Saturday 19 of October
Today myseld and Dag SMØKDG made some work at the station. We brought the 3 el 80m yagi down from 4m height where it was for a few weeks not to be in the way, so I can start repairing the broken elements. This week we also received a big telecom container fully equipped with an AXE telephone hub, all that will be torn out so we can finally build a decent workshop. There is really no such space at the station right now. A neighbour came over with his "tractor" and we managed to move the beast weighing 5,7 metric tonnes right now to its final position. I also made the last elements for the 5 element 12m yagi which i am building from old Hy-gain parts. It's fun to use old antennas just lighing around, make a new design with antenna modelling software and then making the build itself. I also already made a 5 element 17m meter yagi from an old hygain 205BA. Both antennas will go up on a tower behind the house before winter comes.. but we are very near now.. Also added a picture of the 30m half square that i put up 2 weeks ago, the horizontal part of the antenna is at 20m height, seems to perform quite well! Some more pics from today.